Ukraine Agri-Food Value Chain Project is backed by the Technical Assistance in order to provide free-of-charge support to partner financial intermediaries and potential borrowers.
The mission pursued by the Technical Assistance Team is to help both partner banks and potential borrowers to comply with the EIB’s requirements and to go through the sub-project approval process in an efficient manner. The Technical Assistance Team consists of experts in different fields, such as agri-finance, procurement, environmental and social standards, communication and agribusiness technology, including aquaculture.
The Technical Assistance Team has joined forces with the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine to support developing public infrastructure financing proposals in the targeted value chains through the Project Implementation Unit (PIU). The PIU’s mission is to advise on lending to the public and private sector’s agricultural operators identified by the Technical Assistance Project under the Financing Agreement.
Basic information regarding the Technical Assistance Project:
- Financed through the Neighborhood Investment Platform (NIP) and the Eastern Partnership Technical Assistance Trust Fund (EPTATF).
- Implemented by a consortium led by NIRAS A/S of Denmark
- Free of charge for the participating financial intermediaries as well as potential final beneficiaries
- Focus on the private sector as well as public infrastructure
- Facilitates the distribution of funds in an efficient manner
Technical Assistance Tasks
- Providing advisory services, such as training and consultancy, to the participating financial intermediaries.
- Providing information, training and consultancy to final beneficiaries operating in the cereals, oilseeds and aquaculture value chains.
- Coordination of cooperation between financial intermediaries, final beneficiaries and public institutions.
Technical Assistance offers all participating banks free and easy-to-use services targeted at higher profitability and a wider client base:
- business growth support: identifying profitable projects, helping to produce investment project documents such as economic forecasting, legal and business appraisal, risk analysis and action setting.
- support to draw up investment projects under the Agreement based on European Union and EIB criteria.
- upgrading the agricultural finance and agricultural loan portfolio management skills of the bank’s staff.
- raising financial competencies and skills in agribusiness management for the bank’s clients.
Technical Assistance experts are available to do the following training for the Project’s partner banks.
- Training courses for banks. These courses provide information on the credit, our Technical Assistance and how to comply with the requirements of the Ministry of Finance and Ukreximbank. By the end of the courses, specific documents and cases will be dealt with, and potential loan projects may be brought up for review.
- Banking business development training. The training aims to build demand for financing in agri-food players and expand the bank’s business, for example by setting up partnership programmes with suppliers.
The activities of the agribusiness support component in the cereals and oil value chains are aimed at assisting in the identification and implementation of investment projects related to:
- increasing the efficiency of economic activity of the project participants by creating new business opportunities;
- adaptation of business projects to the social and environmental requirements of the European Investment Bank.
Technical and advisory support is provided for the Project participants in the following areas:
- evaluation of the business project concept;
- assistance in developing a business idea;
- support in writing a business plan;
- consulting activities in the implementation of the business plan.
To meet the needs of the Project participants and at the request of stakeholders, a series of trainings and events (seminars, round table discussions, etc.) are organized on the followings topics:
- optimization of organization and management of business activities;
- technical and technological aspects of doing business;
- improving the quality control system and product safety;
- innovative areas of production.
Aquaculture and Fisheries
The EIB loan is the first international financial program providing a targeted assistance to the Ukrainian fisheries sector, which confirms its high potential.
Main areas of financing under Ukraine Agri-Food Value Chain Project for representatives of aquaculture and fisheries:
- acquisition of stock and / or breeders of aquatic living resources;
- purchase of biologically active substances and feeds to improve productivity;
- purchase and / or repair of equipment and machines for primary production, transportation for modernization of the production process;
- purchase, repair and modernization of processing equipment, including equipment: refrigeration; smoking room; for drying; for slicing; for the production of preserves, etc .;
- laboratories and quality control services,
- applied research;
- education and dissemination of agricultural knowledge;
- fisheries monitoring and control systems;
- logistics infrastructure.
UAFATA experts offer the following services:
- support at all stages of the investment project – from the moment of the idea to the receipt of credit funds;
– registration of documents;
– optimal ways of modernization;
– selection and cooperation with a credit and financial institution;
– ways to create value chains;
– harmonization of activities in accordance with the social and environmental requirements of the European Union.
Regional AESP (Agricultural Extension Service Providers) of the Technical Assistance Project
|Senior AESP Expert Kyiv||Roman Korinetsemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Kyiv||Svitlana Evchufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Lviv||Ivan Pankivemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Lviv||Ihor Vuytsykfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Odesa||Ievhen Melnykemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Odesa||Olha Briukhanovafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Vinnytsya||Nataliia Hyzhkoemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Vinnytsya||Oksana Bondarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Poltava||Svitlana Andriyenkoemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Poltava||Tetyana Gruzin||957976870||Tatyana.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Melitopol||Gennadiy Podshivalovemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Melitopol||Olena Sukharenkofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Mykolaiv||Iryna Kupriievych||067 514 70 email@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Mykolaiv||Natalia Ruban||067 945 22 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Dnipro||Maksym Maksymovemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Dnipro||Iryna Volovykfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Junior AESP Expert Kharkiv||Yuriy Golubemail@example.com|
|Senior AESP Expert Kharkiv||Svitlana Haponykfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Zaporizhya||Iryna Derkachemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Zaporizhya||Andrey Derkachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior AESP Expert Kropyvnytskyi||Sergii Kurdytskyiemail@example.com|
|Senior AESP Expert Kherson||Olena Syniukfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Junior AESP Expert Kherson||Katerina Fominaemail@example.com|
|Junior AESP Expert Chernihiv||Rymma Oleksenkofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Junior AESP Expert, Kropyvnytskyi||Volodymyr Rizunemail@example.com|